Monday 5 December 2011

Pup Play Vs. Dog Play. What's the difference?

Today I was contacted by someone who wanted to get into pup play. This sub hadn't done any research on pup play and knew very little about it, so I asked a few simple questions.

Beau: So, tell me a bit about yourself.
Sub: Love submitting to a caring but rough master. Best through force and control rather than subservience.
Beau: nice.
Sub: Love the idea of an alpha being told to work me over
Beau: HAHA! Very nice!!!
Sub: No release play r*pe
Sub: Want to curl up on me masters lap
Beau: that's always nice!
Beau: so, where'd your interest in pup play come from?
Sub: Fuck knows!
Sub: I want to be tied up and have the pup gear put on me against my will. Locked on so can't remove it.
Sub: Then mixture of abuse and love
Beau: alrighty then.
Beau: how much do you know about pup play?
Sub: Not sure how much I know. My idea is that I am an unwilling pup that is forced into it. I  suppose I know fairly little.

After taking what he had said into consideration, using my own words I described what the differences are (in my opinion) between pup play and dog play.

"When it comes to pup play, its very much about the head space and a lot less about the physical side of things. Yes, there are some physical things that will help a pup out (ie. tail, paws/mitts, hood, collar) but they aren't essential. A human pup is a very carefree animal, especially while in pup space. Basically, take the characteristics of a biopup and apply them to a human pup. Human pups should be treated with love and respect (while in pup space). Most importantly, pup play is a choice, it comes naturally to most.
The flip side, is dog play. It is the exact opposite of pup play. A dog (often referred to as "dog slave") doesn't choose to be a dog, but is forced into that role by it's Master/Dom. It is centred around the physical things, including, but not limited to, tail, paws/mitts, hood, collar, bowls, dog bed, cage, chain, leash and sometimes even dog food. Dog play is mostly about humiliation of the dog and is purely for the Dom's pleasure."

Again, this is just the way I see it. Also, please bare in mind that the above was written very quickly without too much thought going into it. I will go into further detail of my view on the differences very soon.

When I first started blogging, I mentioned that I would give you the chance to send in some questions for me to answer. Today is not your chance to do that. It is, however, your chance to send in your opinion on the differences between pup play and dog play and get your views heard (or, in this case, read). Email me here with subject "PVD View".

Also, while I have your attention, I just wanted to let you know that Who is BeauPup? Pt. 2 and Puppy Play - The facts. Pt. 2 are in the making and will be posted very soon! =D

Farewell for now,
I look forward to reading your emails!
*waves paw*

No comments:

Post a Comment